Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Last week of Camp
Hey all! Well, the last week of camp is finally here....sadly. These past two months have gone so quick I feel as if I just arrived here! This week we have Jr. Highers and I've been running the games and activities for the camp. Because of this I've enjoyed some free time and been able to have some sweet talks with those of wisdom strapped upon their belts....adult men. In addition, I've been able to stay involved with the campers even though I'm not counseling through activities such as canoe rides and such. It's been absolutely amazing how much God has been teaching me this summer through so many faucets. I've learned so much about myself and in the areas I need to grow in. Furthermore, God has showed me what it's like to be in full time ministry....well for 2 months. Also, being around such an encouraging atmosphere filled with Godly people has only sharpened me and showed how to be an effective guy for the Lord. I could talk for hours with you guys telling the things I've learned and experienced...but...well...blogs just don't do it for me. Although I'm not looking forward to going home because of the massively stacked freeways and abundance of cement buildings compared to the scenery up here...I am extremely excited to share of how much God has done a work with me and through me with campers and individuals up here in Port Alsworth. I'm also pumped to here of all the things people have been doing back home and such! Whelp, I'll be flying home Wednesday, July 25th or 26th...can't remember the date... so see you all then. Keep praying for the campers this week that they would truly understand the gospel and that God would reveal himself to them. That He would break their hearts over their sin and show the hope they can have ...even in their villages. To God be the praise, honor, and glory forever. See you all soon-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, my Markybutt is almost home! I have seriously missed you so much! I can't wait to hear about everything and I've been praying for you and your campers and the teams our church has sent up. I hope this last week is really great one and that the Lord gives you energy, strength, focus, and passion to finish well and end on a truly well-spent note! I love you!
Post a Comment