Monday, July 2, 2007

Half Way Through...

So it's been awhile since I've updated this shin-dig, but the internet here was disconnected for awhile. Anyways, the remaining of Jr. High camp was awesome. I really enjoyed my cabin and felt like I was able to get through with them with the gospel. I also was able to develop relationships with them and many other sweet things! Last week me and another guy did games for the camp as we needed a break from counseling. It was sweet as we got to enjoy ourselves. We went fishing quite often and even killed, skinned, and ate a porcupine(spelled that wrong)! Lastly, this morning primary camp just finished. This past week was a stretch for me. Counseling 3rd and 4th graders is not the easiest thing to do! I felt as if I was babysitting them for a week rather then counseling them. But I learned a ton from it and am ready to be a father now! JK. It's amazing how quick my first month was gone up here. God has truly placed the most awesome people up here for me to work with. I've met the most amazing people up here that I have been such an encouragement to me! Sometimes I feel like it's pointless in talking to these campers about our God when their at such a young age. At the same time the Lord has reminded me that his word does not come back void without accomplishing what he desires. This is truly comforting and humbling as it reminds me that salvation is completely from the Lord and is in his hands. Furthermore, I've been able to learn much more about myself...including my weaknesses. I'm so quick to focus on myself instead of the campers here. Pray that I'm daily reminded that it's not about me and that I go out of my way to serve others here! Also, pray for this week that we have off as staff that we get rested up and ready for the remaining weeks of camp! I'm stoked to see the people coming up from my home church this Saturday! Thanks for all the prayers! Till next time-

2 comments:

Mike Morabito said...

Hey Dude, its good to see you in the blog world. Cool.

Sounds like you're doing some pretty manly stuff up in Alaska.

Thanks for posting.
-Mike Morabito

Unknown said...

Dude... you should have eaten the porkeypine (I spel bad) without taking the skin off... then you would be a real man...

Seriously though, I love you and I miss you and I hope you are experiencing Christ richly, brother!! Pursue Him!!!

-Matt