Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Week 2

So it is now Wednesday afternoon and it's been 2 days with my new campers for the week. My high school boys were a rough week...but the Lord still reached to their hearts. All of them heard the gospel preached and we held many conversations talking about it. Pray that now that they're back in their village that God will convict them of what they heard at camp and actually live it out! This week is jr. high and my campers are awesome! They're full of energy and super fun to be with. I was able to take one out on a canoe ride today and we had a sweet conversation about his faith in the Lord. Continue to pray that I can show them the love of Christ throughout the week and that their hearts are opened up to God's truth. Also, pray that I get enough rest am full of patience with them! It's dinner time so i must be going! Thanks for all the prayers! Our God is truly amazing and powerful. In his name-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey bro.
I didn't know you had this blogger guy. Cool deal. Its great to hear whats going on, I'm praying for you out here. We got some major fish to fry (literally and figuretively) when you get back, so don't die. Don't grow weary, stay strong.

one love,
dj

Becks said...

Brother!

I'm home from the Ukraine -- got back about 5 hours ago :) I haven't slept yet because of stupid time differences, so I decided to read your blog. If I ramble, it's cuz I've been up for over 24 hours now :)Anywho, i can't wait to talk to you about our trips as it seems like so much about them is similar - hurting kids who need to see their own brokeness and yield their lives to the Lord. Hang in there, bud, even when you feel like you aren't being effective, know that God is using you. His Word does not return void but accomplishes the purpose for which it was sent out. I can't wait to see you and catch up - seriously! There's so much for both of us to share! I'm praying for you and i love you :)