Friday, June 8, 2007

Friday at Camp

Hey all! Sorry it's been over a week since I have updated. The connection is really slow up here and I'm only able to go online once a week! Anyways, it's been a very busy week as I am a counselor for 6 high school boys. The first couple days were tough as many of them didn't talk to much. The last two days have been going better though. They are starting to talk and I've had a couple deep spiritual conversations with a couple of them. Pray that God will do a mighty work in each of their hearts....showing them the love of Jesus and the freedom He offers in salvation. Furthermore, that I can further relationships with them and let them know I really care for them! Many of the kids need their hearts to desperately be broken and to fear the Lord. In terms of weather, it's been sunny and then at times a cold breeze will come. I've been able to meet and work with some awesome people from Corban College (Oregon) so that's been a blessing for me. Thanks for reading and I'll be updating it soon sometime next week! Blessings to all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey man, I know how it is with those kids... just keep after them, and although the awkward pauses sometimes never go away, they see that you are trying and will feel tremendously loved by that. Also, a lot of them don't know how to interact with someone older so they are nervous! You are going to be great! I would love to have you as my HS counselor!!! Also, I want to hear about the craziest pranks you guys pull... love you buddy!

Anonymous said...

Dude!!! it was great hearing from you over the weekend. I know you've had a trying first week but Keep The Faith ! I really mean Keep the Faith ! not just a trite statement. God Is working through you into these boys' lives and remember that God is also at work in you as well.
My prayers are continually with you and your campers.
Looking forward to more on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Mark:
Way cool that your spending the summer at camp! I'll be praying for you!

Madburns said...

yo loh,

way to "wait them out". Keep after the core of their hearts. God is the Gospel!
ok, enough preaching. Thanks for updating the blog. we are praying for you. let us know if you need anything brought up to you. Spansel is flying up to Anchorage on thursday or friday, so something could go up this week.

burns

Anonymous said...

you amazing stud! I'm jealous, dos lucky dudes get to hang all day wid you. Keep it reals... youre in my prayers.

-Cephdog